Adorable and Easy Binoculars for your Scrapbook Page
These binoculars are absolutely adorable and the simplest thing to make EVER! All you need are:
- Circle cutter, template or punch
- White Scrapbook Paper
- Black Scrapbook Paper
To get started, use black paper and cut 2 circles that measure about 2 1/2″ in diameter. Then cut 2 circles from white paper at 2 1/4″ in diameter. To connect the lenses of the binoculars, use the black paper again and either cut a 2 1/4″ circle or a square. Whatever strikes your fancy.
Adhere the white circle on top of each of the two larger black circles. Using either the extra black circle or square (whichever you decided to make), connect the two lenses.
Voila! You have your adorable and simple binoculars! Now all you need to do is decorate the lenses. Here are some ideas:
- Adhere a sticker to the white paper BEFORE you cut and then cut out the circles (for instance, an animal at the zoo – just make sure the sticker is large enough to fit inside both lenses). After you complete the binoculars, you will see half of the sticker in one lens and the other half in the other lens.
- Circle cut a photo where your subject is far away. Just be sure to make the photo a bit smaller than the white lens.
- For a birthday layout, stick down the subject’s age (40, 50, 60, etc). Put one number in each lens.
- Using mini-alphabet stickers, spell out the name of a place you went on vacation or the title of your layout.
- Be adventurous! Create larger binoculars by making larger circles.
Use your imagination and have fun with it! Note: the video states that I used 1 1/4″ and 1 1/2″ circles, they are really 2 1/4″ and 2 1/2″. Sorry!